- 1 large or 2 small avocados (approximately 2 cups), diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes (or equivalent amount of any tomato)
- 1 small red onion (approximately ½ cup), finely diced
- 1 large cucumber (approximately 1 ½ cups) cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper
For the salad: Brush corn with olive oil and place directly on hot grill. Cook until char marks appear, rotating until all sides are speckled with char spots (10-12 minutes). Let cool before removing kernels with a sharp knife. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the vinaigrette: Add all ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid and shake well. Taste and adjust seasoning and ratios of oil and vinegar as you desire.
When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss. Yields 4-6 servings.