- For the garlic oil:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large crushed and chopped garlic cloves, or 1 Tbs. garlic paste
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- For the chicken:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – about 6-8 oz. each
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided use
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
For the garlic oil:
Mix all ingredients thoroughly – divide in half.
For the chicken:
Toss tomatoes with half the garlic oil – let rest 10 minutes.
Toss chicken breasts with remainder of garlic oil, making sure to coat completely – let rest 10 minutes.
Place 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese in shallow dish. Dip one side of chicken and sides in cheese, making sure to coat evenly. Place on baking sheet, cheese side up. Scatter tomatoes around chicken in pan.
Roast until chicken is done, about 10-12 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and top with the sliced mozzarella. Return oven just until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.
Arrange chicken and tomatoes on serving platter and sprinkle with rest of Parmesan.