- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions, white and light green parts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbs fresh lime zest
- 1 lb fresh blue crabmeat, drained (save cleaned shells for baking crab if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 5 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
Heat oven to 400°F.
Combine eggs, green onions, celery leaves, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, nutmeg, zests and crabmeat in a large bowl.
Gently fold in 1 cup melted butter, 4 cups breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and hot sauce with a rubber spatula.
Spoon crabmeat mixture into 10 baking shells or individual baking dishes, such as small ramekins. Divide remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs and remaining half cup melted butter evenly among baking dishes.
Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Turn oven setting to broil and broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.